In 1927 an industrial 750-mm gauge line was built from Kotrbulak via Ujik, Kokkija and Sergo to Acisaj. The 47-km long line was operated by the metallurgical combine Acpolimetall in Kentau. In 1959 the industrial railway acquired the brand-new diesel locomotive TU2-269. In 1980 the line closed and TU2-269 was transferred to the Shimkent pioneer railway in the far southeast of the country.
TOP Menu Kazakhstan HOME NEXT